Sometimes it’s past bedtime when your kids remember that your promised you’d make them dessert. It’s right at that moment you kick yourself, and to your own hurt, you make those darn muffins.
The original recipe can be found on Lindsay’s site here. I love that theses are gluten AND dairy free, and you can even do a refined sugar or vegan option too!
- 1 Cup Gluten Free Flour Blend (I use Bob’s Red Mill)
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 cup sugar (We can’t use the coconut Lind’s uses because of Ever’s coconut allergy!)
- 1/3 cup applesauce or apple butter
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tablespoon avocado & vegan oil, melted
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2-3/4 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a small bowl mix the gluten free flour blend, baking soda & salt. Set aside.
3.In a medium size bowl combine eggs, pumpkin, sugars, applesauce, oil & cinnamon. Mix together until well combined.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet & stir until combined. Don’t over mix.
5. Place 12 paper liners into a standard size muffin tin. Use an ice cream scoop to fill each cup & then bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes. Muffins are done when the center is pushed on and is firm and doesn’t sink but springs back.